My Instagram Feed

Tuesday 5 November 2013

"Let's Go Camping!"

Amidst a flury of work and procrastination, I found a way to make time to go to the first annual Camp Symmetry music festival, here in Singapore. And I'm glad I did, because it was so much fun! Not only did I see some of my favourite bands up close and personal, but I also got to spend the day with some of my most beloved friends. 

Photo: George Lui

The line-up for the festival was absolutely phenomenal. Gothic Danish rockers Mew came, as well as Aussie hipsters San Cisco and Last Dinosaur, and of course, The Cribs. Unfortunately, my tired-ness stopped me from being able to see every single act, but I did get to catch my favourites. And by favourites, I mean Last Dinosaurs, San Cisco, Wild Nothing and Ra Ra Riot.

Last Dinosaurs

San Cisco

 Wild Nothing

Best Coast


Obviously, a day at an indie music festival called for me to put together all my garishly patterned pieces, right? This was the lovechild of just that:

THE OUTFIT

Photo: George Lui

Snapback: NIKICIO, Dungaree-dress: ASOS, Tee: Topman, Shoes: Vans, Socks: Vans

The dress was super, duper comfortable and had a pocket right at the front that I could keep my phone and money in without getting paranoid, and it broke up the patterns really well, although I will say it probably wasn't the best idea in terms of weather to be wearing denim over another layer of clothing.

I've worn these cheetah print vans so much that they're starting to stretch out into a bigger size (oops), but they are sooo lovely and so comfortable, I actually much prefer vans to converse.


Watch: Hypergrand  Bracelets: ASOS and American Apparel

I've been really loving these American Apparel bracelets ever since I bought a couple during the summer. They're really lightweight and act as a small finishing touch when you just can't be bothered to put on a whole kilo of jewellery. Definitely will be buying more when I have the chance.

Did any of you guys go to Camp Symmetry? Who were your favorites?


ALSO, feel free to follow me on Instagram/Twitter @bevbeaver. I'm going to try and hook them up to this blog when/if I ever figure out how to...

x
Bev







No comments:

Post a Comment