My Instagram Feed

Sunday 17 November 2013

PasarBella!


So for the past couple months, my instagram feed has been buzzing with beautiful pictures of PasarBella, an adorably rustic indoor market place in Turf City, and although I didn't get to try the 'Crodo' (the Singaporean take on the Cronut), I had the most amazing Paella and crackling pork ever. It helped that I went with some amazing people, too.

We were there from about 4 to 7pm, and I was full pretty much the entire time, but I was at a party beforehand, so I think that constitutes as an excuse for over-eating.



I had the Strawberry & Cream ice-cream at Seventh Heaven, which was nice enough, but I must admit left a little bit of biter after taste that left me needing to drinking water. Otherwise, I really do recommend going to try them out - they have really fun flavours that you wouldn't normally come across, like Sex On the Beach and Granny Smith Apple, and they always rotate them out.


As I mentioned above, I loved the paella! You could tell that dudes at La Patio really knew what they were doing too, because a) the paella was nice and crispy at the bottom, which is how it should be, and b) the pans they used were HUGE, which clearly meant they weren't joking. I'm drooling just thinking about eating it again (not really), uggghhh it was just so good.


Unfortunately, due to the amazing-ness of the crispy pork, I got really distracted and forgot to take a picture of it :(. However, do take my word and go try it. Nowadays, I've noticed that a lot of restaurants (or at least the restaurants I go to) don't do siew yuk very well and the top is always either hard or soggy, but the crackling pork here was reaalllyyy, reaaaaallllyyy good. As a girl with a mother from Hong Kong, good siew yuk is of value to me, so really, you can trust that it's good. I didn't quite catch the stall's name, but I think it's Keith and something, right next to the russian desserts stall.





So the last thing I tried were the macarons (macarons, macaroons; read what you like) from Bonheur Patisserie. I only tried two flavours at the end of the 'food tour' (Sakura and Lavender), and whilst I couldn't stop making inappropriate humming noises whilst eating them both, my friend Leanne thought the Lavender one tasted like soap. Whatever. Her loss. The macarons were  big and soft on the inside, which is how I like them, but again, Leanne thought it was weird.

I wish I'd been able to try everything at PasarBella, but I guess this gives me another reason to go back. It was the first time I'd been to Turf City since I dislocated my kneecap (lol, let's save that for another time)

Have you guys been to PasarBella? 
How did you like it? 

Bev


No comments:

Post a Comment