My Instagram Feed

Saturday 9 November 2013

Weekends At Home

This is going to sound totally lame, but I really love staying in on weekends. I know that as a 17-year-old female, I should be into the whole going-out-and-partying-and-getting-crunk thing, but I'm a little bit claustrophobic and I like being able to sleep when I can, because I do the IB. So usually, I'll watch a movie or catch up on TV shows.

Unfortunately, I can't spend the whole weekend lazing around, but when I can, here is what I usually like to watch:

L to R: Educating Yorkshire, Downton Abbey, The Carrie Diaries

I don't even remember how I found out about Educating Yorkshire, but it always leaves me with a fuzzy feeling in my belly when I finish an episode because these kids are just a little bit closer to being where they want to be.  Being so fortunate to go to a school where everyone is engaged, I had no idea such things existed! Props to Headmaster Jonny Mitchell and his ace team for doing what they do. 

Downton Abbey is just so amazing. Aside from the fact that I called it Downtown abbey for the whole of the first series, I would say that I was a pretty die-hard fan. Everything they say just sounds so much better than the jargon we talk today... 

To be honest, I probably watch The Carrie Diaries, a prequel to SATC, because of Sebastian Kydd (aka Austin Butler). Sure, Carrie is nice. Sure, it's a good show, but oh my gosh he is just so dreamy.

L to R: August Rush, Superbad, King's Speech, Awkward.

 I haven't actually watched August Rush in a really long time, but when I do, I always enjoy it and it always makes me weep (although realistically, I weep at everything).

Yes, Superbad is in there. Yes, I know that only pubescent boys should be allowed to like that movie, but you know what? I think it's a fine, well-put together, entertaining, piece of art that should be on exhibit at the Met at all times. Okay, maybe that was a little bit of an exaggeration. The point is, it's really good

The King's Speech is one of those films that is so touching without even having any sick element of romance (i.e. Star-crossed lovers, Love triangles). I remember crying at the unmistakeable platonic bond between the two men during the last scene when Bertie has to give his speech.

Awkward. What is there to say? Poor Matty's plight makes me want to wipe his tears and Jenna makes me want to smack something. This show is sooooo addicting. I know that it's unhealthy to come home from school counting down for it's weekly release, but it hasn't stopped me yet! 

With shows and movies obviously comes tea. Or hot chocolate. Or chips. Just any type of food, really. Anyways, what type of things do you guys like to do on weekends at home? 


Happy rest-of-the-weekend!

x
Bev


















No comments:

Post a Comment